Griffin Faculty Physicians' Kenneth V. Schwartz, MD, FACC, FACP is seeing patients at 67 Maple Ave, first floor, Derby, CT 06418-1328. To schedule and appointment please call 203-732-1257.
If you believe you are giving a heart attack or if you are experiencing chest pain or shortness of breath, please call 911 immediately.
As a seasoned Cardiologist with years of experience caring for patients in and around the Valley, Dr. Schwartz brings his expertise to Griffin Faculty Physicians. He offers patients medical services that include diagnostic testing, consultations, office visits, electrocardiograms (EKG), nuclear and treadmill stress tests, lifestyle and dietary counseling, pacemaker implantation and monitoring for cardiac events and high blood pressure.
Dr. Schwartz is committed to excellence, and has been involved in the medical community in leadership roles like:
- Chief of Cardiology - Griffin Hospital
- Former Vice President for Medical Affairs - Griffin Hospital
- Assistant Chairman, Department of Medicine
- Former President and Senior Partner, Cardiology Associates of Derby
Dr. Schwartz has been providing care in multiple institutions in CT as:
- Attending Physician: Department of Internal Medicine and Division of Cardiology - Griffin Hospital
- Courtesy Staff: Department of Internal Medicine and Division of Cardiology - Yale-New Haven Hospital
Common diseases treated may include
- Abnormal heart rhythms (AFIB)
- Aortic diseases
- Coronary artery disease (CAD)
- Heart failure
- Valvular disease
Procedures performed may include
- Electrical Cardioversion for Atrial Fibrillation
- Enhanced external counterpulsation
- Exercise testing
- Pacemakers insertion and monitoring
If you're in need of Cardiologist and wish to speak with Dr. Schwartz, please contact our office for a consultation 203-732-1257.